Skip to content

Care Center evacuated after gas leak

A gas leak forced the evacuation of Slaton Care Center Thursday (April 26), with all residents removed from the facility and to safety within minutes.

Just before lunch, employees with the Care Center smelled gas in the kitchen and alerted Slaton Fire Department personnel.

Firefighters shut off gas to the facility at 630 S. 19th Street before utility company crews arrived to repair the two leaks.

See more in the May 3 edition of The Slatonite.

Leave a Comment