Skip to content

Klemke’s catches on fire, buildings destroyed

Slaton Fire Department works to extinguish a fire at Klemke’s Sausage factory this morning (June 15) at Garza and 10th St. The fire broke out around 3 a.m. this morning. The building, which housed Klemke’s Sausage Haus and antique store, along with the Slaton Family Medical Clinic, were consumed. Night workers were inside Klemke’s but got out safely. Several other departments, including Slaton, Carlisle, Idalou, Woodrow, Buffalo, New Deal, Ransom Canyon, Tahoka, Lubbock Fire Rescue, Slaton EMS and UMC EMS all responded to the blaze. Slaton Bakery was not damaged, but the store will be closed today. More information will follow. (Slatonite photo/Melissa McCaghren).

Leave a Comment