Six local organizations received a grant from the Slaton Area Endowment Friday evening during the halftime game against New Deal.
The six organizations receiving grants, which totaled $8,937, were:
• Texas Department of Public Safety Foundation through the Lubbock Law Enforcement Citizens Academy Alumni, receiving $1,000 for the State Trooper Jerry Don Davis Memorial
• City of Slaton – Emergency Services, receiving $2,000 for Santa Red and Blue
• Llano Estacado Silver Star Board, receiving $1,500 for Slaton Area Seniors
• Slaton Railroad Heritage Association, receiving $2,000 for Event Center items
• Slaton Senior Citizens Center, receiving $2,000 for Meals Trays for Home Delivery, and
• St. Joseph Church Youth receiving $437 for books and other materials for Education.
For more information, please read the Thursday edition of The Slatonite.