Skip to content

Friday fire destroys home

From Staff Reports

A Friday morning fire (Jan. 15) in the 300 block of E. Panhandle St. resulted  a family without a home.

The call came in about 8:30 a.m. Friday.

Members of the Slaton Fire Department arrived to find the house on fire, with flames coming from the inside.

Four people were inside the home when the fire occurred, but were able to escape.

No injuries were reported, but the house was a total loss.

Red Cross was called out by dispatch to help the family.

Xcel and Atmos were also called to the scene to assist.

Businesses and others have set up fundraisers to help the group as they recover from their loss.

Members of the Buffalo Springs Fire Department were also called to the scene to extinguish the flames.

The fire is currently still under investigation.

Leave a Comment